NEED A DUI ACCIDENT ATTORNEY?
Drunk driving is a serious problem in the United States. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), drunk driving crashes claim over 10,000 lives per year. When choosing DUI accident attorneys, Pimentel Law’s personal injury attorneys in Southern California have the experience and expertise it takes to fully compensate you for all of your losses. If you’re determined to get all compensation that you’re owed after being injured, Pimentel Law can deliver results.
WHAT SETS US APART?
Here are some of the things that set Pimentel Law apart from other DUI accident attorneys:
- They have obtained multiple million-dollar recoveries on personal injury claims
- They have extensive trial experience
- 100% of their client testimonials are five stars ✰✰✰✰✰
- Our lawyers have earned “Excellent” Avvo ratings
If you’ve been injured by a negligent or intoxicated motorist, it is important to focus on your personal recovery; the last thing you want to be worrying about is your legal case. Our drunk driving accident attorneys at Pimentel Law have substantial experience and expertise litigating auto accident cases, including drunk driving cases.
Call today for a free consultation with an experienced DUI accident attorney.
WHAT MAKES A DRUNK DRIVING ACCIDENT DIFFERENT FROM OTHER ACCIDENTS LEGALLY?
Drunk driving accidents are clearly different from other types of car accidents because the very act of driving drunk is not only negligent, but also criminal. That is why drunk driving accidents are treated differently than other types of car accidents under California law. In addition to the usual personal injury remedies available to all personal injury victims, California allows the victim of a drunk driving accident to also recover punitive damages in order to punish and deter drunk driving. Depending on the level of intoxication of the drunk driver, the punitive damages award could be many times larger than the victim’s actual economic and noneconomic losses. Also, in addition to the drunk driver, other individuals or businesses may also be liable to you for your damages, including the drunk driver’s employer or anyone who overserved the drunk driver. Understanding the factual and legal issues that are unique to drunk driving cases is why it is so important to entrust your case to experienced DUI accident attorneys. At Pimentel Law, we have substantial experience litigating all types of auto accident cases, and our drunk driving accident attorneys understand how to maximize a client’s recovery in drunk driving cases.
WHAT TO DO AFTER A DRUNK DRIVING ACCIDENT?
If you were injured in a drunk driving accident, here are some of the things you will need to do to thoroughly pursue your case:
- Immediately call 911
- Take photos and video of the cars and parties involved
- Get names and contact information of witnesses
- Find out where the drunk driver consumed the alcohol
- Obtain video footage of location where drunk driver consumed the alcohol
- Find out if the drunk driver was working “on the clock” at the time of the accident
- Review your insurance policy coverages for Uninsured/Underinsured motorist coverage
- Report the accident to your and the drunk driver’s insurance companies
- Document your injuries with video or photos
- Seek medical treatment with experienced medical specialists
- Retrieve the Event Data Recorder from the drunk driver’s car
CONTACT AN EXPERIENCED DUI ACCIDENT ATTORNEY TODAY
It is not advisable to pursue a drunk driving accident case on your own. After a drunk driving accident, you should immediately contact a drunk driving accident attorney who is knowledgeable in handling drunk driving accident cases. The experienced DUI accident attorneys at Pimentel Law know what steps must be taken in order to thoroughly pursue your drunk driving accident case.
For more information, contact Pimentel Law or call today to set up a free consultation at (877) 265-8048.